- Are Persian rugs from Iran better than rugs woven in other countries? / What is the difference between Oriental Rugs and Persian Rugs?
- An oriental rug is known as any hand-knotted piece that has been produced in any countries such as: China, India, Egypt, Pakistan, Iran (Persia), or Afghanistan. However, out of these hand-crafted pieces, the ones made in IRAN, which was known as Persia in the old days, are considered to be the BEST in QUALITY and FINESSE and are referred to as Persian rugs.
- What is the rule of thumb for the rug size for any room?
- The rule of thumb is 1 to 2 feet of hard wood floor should be seen all the way around the room.
- What size rug do I buy for a dinning room that sits 8 people?
- Generally a 10'x14' rug would work for a dinning room that sits 8 people, and a 9'x12' would suffice for a dinning room that sits 6 people.
- What is the difference between Flat weave and Knotted Pile Rugs?
- FLAT WEAVE: Often referred to as dhurries or kilims, flatweave rugs are woven on a loom rather than knotted. They are typically constructed from wool, cotton or synthetic materials. In most cases, the pattern on the front of the rug can be viewed clearly from both sides, making these rugs reversible. The material used to make flat-weave rugs is braided onto a loom to create the structure of the rug. No base material is used , so these rugs are thinner (hence the name “flat weave”). KNOTTED PILE: A knotted-pile carpet is a carpet containing raised surfaces, or piles, from the cut off ends of knots woven between the warp and woof. A pile carpet is influenced by width and number of warp and weft, pile height, knots used, and knot density.
- My son has spilled some juice on my hand knotted rug. How do I clean it?
- When spills occur, dilute with plenty of water. Next blot from the edge of the spill towards the center. AVOID RUBBING THE AREA. For solid spills, take a spoon and carefully scoop up the material. It is always best to attack the spill immediately. WOOL & COTTON RUGS : Do not rub, simply place an absorbent cloth and spot dry the stain to remove excess liquid before applying any cleaning agent. Do not use any oxalic acid cleaners, as it can remove the colors of your rug. Wool rugs should be cleaned with a soft detergent, which can be evenly mixed with water. Dry quickly afterwards.Simply dry the rug by absorbing the moisture with a towel and allow the extra moist to dry on its own. do not use heat for drying your rug. For all spills dry both the sides of the rug. For color spills from inks, juices and drinks, you can sprinkle baking soda or salt to absorb the stain, wait a few minutes and then vacuum, by only using the suction and not the vacuum bars. SILK RUGS: Silk Rugs require a very special care and should be dry-cleaned. Please contact us at 201-933-4300 to learn more.
- How do I repair my Rug? My Rug has a hole in it? My rug is damaged, how do I fix it?
- In case of a damage, just about any problem has a solution with a professional restoration. 1800GetARug can help you with your restoration needs. We can repair small to large holes in your rugs, fringes, mending, and more. If you have any type of question please call us at 201-933-4300 and we will be happy to assist you! Whatever your repair need is we can handle it for you at very fair prices. We are located in the New Jersey area, but can often help handle repairs even for our long distance customers. We take pride in our services and our workmanship and can ensure a quality and professional repair. Old and Antique rugs sometimes need to be rewoven where worn and restored to life. Newer rugs are rarely in need of repair. An experienced professional must always be consulted in these matters. An oriental rug will gain value over the years if it remains in good condition. It is not uncommon for hand knotted area rugs to become high priced auction items. This is only possible with good care.
- How Often should I vacuum my rug? or send it for Professional cleaning?
- Oriental rugs, like most carpeting, should be vacuumed on a regular basis to remove dirt and restore life to the fibers. Be sure not to vacuum the fringe. One of the most important things in caring for a rug is keeping it clean. Regular vacuuming is always good. It is recommended to vacuum it once a week. It is recommended to have them professionally cleaned every 3 to 5 years depending the amount of traffic. You can always call us at 201-933-4300 and we can help you clean your rug professionally.
- What is a Hand Loomed Rug?
- This is a rug weaving technique which is faster than hand knotted technique. It is partially done with machine. The results are nice but the rug is not as durable and not as easy to clean as a Hand Knotted Rug
- What Is An Overdyed Rug?
- If you have been frequently following the trends and fashions of carpet industry you must have heard about the Overdyed rugs. This category of rugs come in both quilted and hand woven form and attracts the viewer with glorious color trap. Now the over dyed term is basically related to the saturated color palettes used for dying the rugs, the dying and bleaching procedures used in overdying, creates a highly enriched color scheme for the rugs. But this overdying is never over, as the colors are wisely selected and made to suit the woolen texture of rugs. At www.1800getarug.com, you can find the latest and charismatic collection of over dyed rugs. You can beautify the interior with these rugs, whether it is your kitchen or your living room. The over dyed rugs can be placed in the interior of your dressing room, sitting lounge or even study room to let you enjoy a charismatic allure of colors. You can select your favorite color at www.1800getarug.com, which is always one step ahead to guide its visitors about the latest trends. Overdyed rugs have added a contemporary look to your interior, as the old traditional pastel colors can create monotony for your interior. So the woolen fabric can be made more presentable through over dyed rugs. The colors look brighter and captivating. So do not miss the chance of making your drawing room more presentable, through innovative over dyed rugs. Browse our website and make a superior selection for you interior.
- Do Rugs reduce indoor air quality?
- Extensive technological assessment of materials used in the manufacture of carpets as well as of the emissions from a carpet, suggests that emissions from a rug present no health risk amounting to a serious public health concern. Any dirt, dust trapped in a rug can be effectively removed through vacuuming—it does not impair the Indoor Air Quality (IAQ). You can opt for vacuum cleaners bearing the CRI IAQ Green Label to feel assured about comprehensive removal of common allergens. We believe this misconception is due to the kind of adhesives and synthetics used in wall-to-wall carpeting that are known to leach chemicals into the indoor air. Do you know? Thick Pile Wool rugs are known to improve the quality of air, as they trap common contaminants like, Nitrogen Dioxide and Sulphur Dioxide, without allowing them to escape into the surrounding air.
- Do Mites grow in rugs?
- While some people believe that mites get stuck in rugs and grow there, the fact remains that these allergens exist only in places with excessive moisture. Mold growth is possible in areas with poor cleaning and maintenance. So, by eliminating sources of excessive moisture and controlling humidity, you can reduce the growth of such allergens. Vacuuming and drying your rug under the sun is the easiest way to keep away the growth of dust mites. Did you know? Seagrass natural rugs are highly water resistant, making them naturally less prone to mites and mold growth.
- I have asthma and allergies. Can I buy a rug?
- The Swedish Institute of Fibre and Polymer Research concluded that carpets and rugs have nothing to do with causing asthma or allergies. In fact, as per the research, while the use of carpet in Sweden had steadily decreased since 1975, the occurrences of allergic reactions in the general population, increased. CRI has also not come across any study suggesting a link between carpets and asthma, or allergies. You would be surprised to know that some statistical studies indicate that properly vacuumed carpets are indeed known to reduce asthma symptoms. Do you know? Hand-woven rugs are the least likely to induce allergic reactions. The presence of plant-based fibres from bamboo, jute or coir, don’t present the kind of allergy risks associated with synthetic materials used in manufactured machine-made carpets.
- What are Vegetable Dyed Rugs?
- There is a common notion among new rug buyers that vegetable dyed rugs are more desirable and are of higher quality than synthetic rugs. Vegetable dyes are considered to be more old world and traditional than the synthetic. Synthetic dyes are thought to be more commercial. However, vegetable dyes are highly corrosive to the wool, and may cause rugs to wear faster than synthetic dyes. For instance, it is often seen that the vegetable black used in many Turkish and Balouch rugs is so corrosive that the black colored pile will be completely worn away, and other colors will still be thick and fully piled. However, many don’t realize that synthetic dyes were introduced to weaving areas between 1875 and 1890, and by the turn of century were available to many weavers in rural areas. So that means just because a rug is old, doesn’t necessarily mean that a rug is vegetable dyed. In the past twenty years or so, there has been a large influx in the quantity and variety of new vegetable dyed rugs on the market. The three most commonly used vegetable dyes are indigo, madder, and larkspur. These dyes produce dark navy blue, dark rusty red, and muted gold.
- What are the advantages of having a rug made out of wool?
- • A Healthy Carpeting Choice – Wool is a natural material that is hygienic and non allergenic, it has no harmful gasses and deters the growth of bacteria and dust mites. Wool also has the added benefit of extra grip, this is especially important for things such as balance, good posture, and accident prevention. Wool is a great choice for asthma sufferers thanks to its natural filtering ability. • Flame Resistant Material – When was the last time you saw a sheep on fire in a field? Wool carpets are naturally flame resistant and if it does come in contact with fire, it has the ability to self extinguish itself thanks to its upper pile forming. This is a thick insulating char layer that has the ability to inhibit fire. Thanks to its natural makeup wool will not melt if it comes into contact with heat. • Will Last – When you think about how wool works to protect sheep from weather and other environmental factors, you can see just why wool is so strong. Wool carpet will last for years, keeping its luxurious look; this is thanks to its natural strength and ability to withstand heavy foot traffic. • Environmentally Friendly – Wool is a renewable fiber, growing year round and being removed in the summer months. It protects the sheep during colder months and can then be used for other products, such as carpeting. Wool carpets are also biodegradable and recyclable, once your carpet has spent many years serving you and your family, it can then be turned into other products, rather than contributing to landfill (yes, carpets can be recycled!). The energy usage that goes into producing wool is much lower than other carpet materials such as nylon, keeping the carbon footprint very low when it comes to harvesting wool and producing products. Wool is one of the most environmentally friendly flooring products available. • Luxurious – Wool is a fantastic option if you are looking for the look and feel of luxury in your home. It is soft under foot, yet extremely durable. Due to its beautiful protective layer it can easily shrug off dirt and resist stains and will trap dirt and dust in its layers until it is vacuumed up. When it comes to wool, you get a carpet that doesn’t only feel soft and luxurious under foot, but will also look beautiful for many years to come.
- Why should I buy a Hand Knotted Rug?
- Although this can be quite a controversial subject for artists worldwide but it has been found that the Hand Knotted Rugs do not attain the kind of appreciation they deserve. In fact, artists have their easel and paints, model or landscapes for creating extraordinary works of art. However, a weaver is just a part of the whole line of skilled artisans devoted to bring such exquisite masterpieces to life. Crafted for thousands of years, Oriental and Persian rugs have a rustic appearance that appeals to admirers of this art. These are creations quite similar to the fine art varieties with master-weavers and popular artisans crafting magical designs for centuries. In fact, the industry sustains a whole lot of workers, which tends to support entire families of such artistic weaves, preparing superior weaves until finishing a product. It might take days to months to ensure that such artistic items are presented superbly. It is quite an amazing art that creates One of a kind rugs, which is already been created before the masterpiece is out there. The artists that have been working in the line to develop these rugs for years, in which the artist stencils out the illustration of the design, selecting colors carefully, with symmetry maintained in a complex and intricate pattern. The design level is depending on the number of knots per square inch of the rug. These rugs are completed in a workshop, displaying soft floral designs in various hues, tribal Rugs with simple, geometric lines having agricultural and natural charm. The wool must be prepared for weaving dependent on the design and intended rug use. The wool type is carefully considered that again depends on the design intended to be used on the rug. For rugs with more rustic design weavers prefer using coarser wool variety. There are also the Silk Rugs that combine high quality silk materials to create amazing figurines. Hand spun wool is used to induce an effect with different volumes of dye absorbed into the material for a more natural appearance. Only after the dye process is complete the weaving begins. Also, until the loom is prepared the rug cannot be knotted. The warp strings are interwoven down the length of the room, which can take days to complete. The finest rugs are made of silk as it is finer than cotton and wool allowing more strings to attach to the loom. Thus higher knot count is achieved, which allows finer designs to be created. There are weavers in the field that have been working for years to create Wool And Silk Rugs. Regions of Middle East, Persia, Afghanistan, Arabia and even the South Asian countries like India, Nepal, China, Pakistan are considered the hub of these fine art makings. Artisans skilled over centuries are still indebted to the line of creating intricate artwork on beautifully woven rugs. There are the blue, red, yellow, gold, silver and absolutely any kind of hue that is brought to live when these weavers spin their magic! Having expertise and experience in the line, these weavers might just have their families devoted to the field for decades. Their high quality Hand Woven Rugs has attained great accolades from admirers of the art all over the world. Often these people aren’t quite given the acknowledgement they should receive from the textile export industry, yet it is known to be costing from a few hundred dollars to millions of dollars spend to avail pieces of rugs that are certainly one of a kind!
- Do my rugs really need pads under them?
- A pad is recommended to prevent slippage, act as a buffer to minimize abrasion and protect your floors. A good quality pad will also provide airflow between your floor and the rug. Airflow allows the rug to breathe, which in turn will extend the rug's life. Rug pads may also prevent the crushing and wearing of pile after heavy use. We provide top-of-the-line non slip rug pads that are custom cut to fit the exact size of your rug. The pad is a 3/8" thick with felt on one side and rubber on the other. Our padding is amongst the highest quality in production today. And because we believe in preserving the condition of our rugs and ensuring the satisfaction of our customers, we provide them to all of our customers at their best price.
Most Recently Viewed